No bill since smart meters installed

Options
Plasticman
Plasticman Posts: 2,504 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I had smart meters installed nearly two months ago and haven't received a bill since (should have now received 2). I contacted my supplier - Shell Energy- who told me that this is just because the details or my meters haven't been updated yet and it would all happen automatically "soon". Is this normal?
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Comments

• Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    send them manual readings to make sure your account gets updated
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Plasticman
    Options
    Alnat1 said:
    send them manual readings to make sure your account gets updated
    Yes, I've done that but still no bill.
    If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." -Thomas Jefferson 1802
  • Bertles
    Bertles Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would suggest escalating a complaint for this to be looked into properly. It shouldn't take 2 months for your meter to be updated on your account so something is wrong. 
  • Alnat1
    Alnat1 Posts: 3,320 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Did you get billed showing up to the meter changes? If so you should be able to work out your costs since then.
    Barnsley, South Yorkshire
    Solar PV 5.25kWp SW facing (14 x 375 Longi) Lux 3.6kw hybrid inverter and 4.8kw Pylontech battery storage installed March 22
    Octopus Agile/Fixed Outgoing and Tracker gas
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is it causing you a problem?  If not, leave the money in a savings account earning a little interest, until they get around to sending you a bill.
    If it goes on for over a year, quote the "back billing rules" and refuse to pay anything over one year back.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Plasticman
    Options
    Thanks for the comments. Just to clarify, they were still taking the monthly direct debit but not issuing a bill so my account currently has a large balance which, I think, is more than I 'm likely to owe but it's frustrating not having had an accurate bill since October. 

Having checked this morning it appears that something has changed as my account is now displaying both electricity readings and gas (there were no electricity readings before). So a step forward and I'm hoping that it will allow Shell to produce a bill. I'll wait a bit longer and if I don't get billed then I'll contact them again to complain.  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback