Need a book for a Christmas present aka google help with Radio 4

Google help.....does anyone know how to find out what books were being read on Radio 4 in September and October?

I know there was one that I thought the OH would like and I know he hasn't bought it. But I can't remember what it was. I've looked at the BBC site but it doesn't give dates for the books. I think it might be Owl Sense (Darlington) or The Woods (Lewis-Semple) but I'm not sure as there are no dates showing for when these were on. 

I know there used to be pamphlet in the bookshops that listed all the books on radio etc so that when someone went in asking for something the staff would be able to find it.  But I don't think that exists anymore as, of course, now we all google!!

Need to get him a book in the next 9 days....

"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,982 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    @MovingForwards
    Thanks for the links - different than the ones I've seen so far but not exactly what I'm after.  That said I have discovered a couple more that might do the trick....

What I need is something like the podcast list in the 3rd link with the dates but for Book of the Week instead.  All I've found so far is a list of the books but without any relevant dates that would help me pin point the one I'm after.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Do you know the theme/ subject of the story?

If so you could try those 2 titles you mention above in Good reads where you get a precis- but perhaps you have already done that.
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • Brie
    Do you know the theme/ subject of the story?

If so you could try those 2 titles you mention above in Good reads where you get a precis- but perhaps you have already done that.
    I think it was a nature thing of some sort.  But there's a few of those on Book of the Week web page so that's why the dates it was being read would be important because then I will better remember which it was.  Currently I'm looking into the 2 mentioned in the top post and have another 2 contenders - The Peregrine (Baker) is one and then noticed another one Handel in London (Glover) that might also be well received.  

Problem is that I can't keep track of the books that have been purchased and read (too tooo toooooo many) but I know I discussed one a couple of months back and asked if he had ordered it and was told no.  
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 December 2022 at 11:14PM
    @Brie : maybe have a look through this list of the Books of the Week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qftk/episodes/guide
  • Brie
    edited 17 December 2022 at 1:38PM
    C_J said:
    @Brie : maybe have a look through this list of the Books of the Week

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qftk/episodes/guide
    Alas - no dates!!!
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Are they not in chronological order, the most recent on top? Could you count backwards and see if anything jogs your memory? 

Otherwise I would be tempted to Google the producer of the Book of the Week programme and send him/her an email or tweet to ask. I did have a quick look on t’internet and I think it’s easy enough to find that info.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback