Closing the oldest CC account?
Hi guys, so I've had the barclaycard forward roughly two years, now I want the Rewards card and they can upgrade it but my credit limit is still very low at £400 and will stay the same after trying twice for an increase. It would be a lot more beneficial to have 1K-1.5 limit, I utilize 40-60% and always pay in full by DD. It is my oldest account so I'm not sure how to proceed, either I might cancel the forward and apply for the rewards in 6 months or accept the switch and ask again for an increase in six months. What do you think? How much will it affect my credit report if I close the oldest account?
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.9K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards