2023 Challenge!

Options
Hello savers! 

As a forum ambassador for this board I thought it would be a good idea to have ourselves a little saving challenge. Everyone here is so supportive and encouraging and I’d like to keep that going with a little added competitiveness 😀 there won’t be a physical prize as such but there will be a monthly leaderboard and a board saver of the year 👏 

So, here’s the deal. You post on this thread once a month with your total. That really is it! 

By all means keep posting on your own individual threads. I’ll start mine again after Christmas. We will start on 1st January. On the last day of each month we will have our leaderboard (although you may need to remind me 😳) and this time next year we’ll be millionaires have our board saver of the year 

Good luck! 
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert

Comments

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    January is almost upon us!

We all start with a zero balance. Each month we will aim for a total.

Given that January is often the month from hell for a lot of people, post-Christmas, we will start small (ish!) at £50 actual savings put away. 

Good luck everyone! 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Fab idea! I have put £100 into my energy, hols and xmas fund. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Options
    I’ve put mine in one of my saving accounts plus a little extra - I was slightly ocd and wanted a nice round amount in that account 😂

• MovingForwards
    Options
    One of my accounts rounds up my card spends and moves it to a decent savings account. I'll update my total for this thread at the end of the month.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    edited 1 February 2023 at 6:50PM
    Options
    Leaderboard so far - 

1st place  MovingForwards with a very impressive £615 👏 
    2nd place - savingwannabe £100
    3rd place - Dizzy_Ditzy £85

still time to get totals in - I’ll post February’s challenge on a separate post 🙂

• Dizzy_Ditzy
    Options
    February challenge amount is £50 again. Don’t want to be increasing too much over the year else by about October/November time we could be in trouble 😂

• MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Oooops, I'm a bit late to the January party!

£390 into general savings
    £100 into car everything savings
    £125 misc fund savings

• ~FlowerPot~
    ~FlowerPot~ Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    is this happening for march?
    ive just started a savings diary and would like to join if theres enough interest?

flowers
    x
    ♥️2024 challenges
    #4 365 1p a day challenge 2024 ~ £295/£760🌸
    #6 £1 a day challenge 2024 ~ £152/366 🌸 Decluttering 2024🎖️🎖️🎖️🏅🏅🥇🌸 DS2🏅🏅DD 🥇🌸 #2 52 week Cash stuffing challenge 🌸
    PA challenge £60 a month - Jan ✅ /Feb ✅/Mar ✅ /Apr/May/ Jun/Jul/Aug /Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 🌸
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It happens every month, just list final figures!

February totals:

£336 into general savings
    £100 into car everything
    £133.94 into misc (new savings pot)

I'll try harder this month to update in March 🤭
  • ~FlowerPot~
    ~FlowerPot~ Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It happens every month, just list final figures!

ok cool thanks!!

Flowers

♥️2024 challenges
    #4 365 1p a day challenge 2024 ~ £295/£760🌸
    #6 £1 a day challenge 2024 ~ £152/366 🌸 Decluttering 2024🎖️🎖️🎖️🏅🏅🥇🌸 DS2🏅🏅DD 🥇🌸 #2 52 week Cash stuffing challenge 🌸
    PA challenge £60 a month - Jan ✅ /Feb ✅/Mar ✅ /Apr/May/ Jun/Jul/Aug /Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec 🌸
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback