EBay delivery dates

I have just listed an item with a 3 day dispatch and the listing says "get it by Wednesday 7th or Thursday 8th.

If I posted on the third day that would be Wednesday 7th so how does ebay work that out???

Comments

• olgadapolga
    olgadapolga Posts: 2,273 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    moonpenny said:
    I have just listed an item with a 3 day dispatch and the listing says "get it by Wednesday 7th or Thursday 8th.

If I posted on the third day that would be Wednesday 7th so how does ebay work that out???
    I have no idea, some of their dates are completely insane. I've had a couple of sales recently whereby I felt it necessary to message the buyer to point out that the Ebay dates are impossible to achieve. 
  • moonpenny
    moonpenny Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am glad it's not just me then. 
    What makes it worse is it only seems to be on items to be sent by RM and 2nd class at that!
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Don't forget the strikes and xmass pressure delays.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    It's definitely not just you , I've had delivery estimates as early as the day after I am supposed to send an item 2nd class. That doesn't even allow for the strikes!

With buyers being misled this way I fear there may be issues approaching Christmas with a lot of angry messages being sent to sellers about non arrival of presents.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • shapala
    shapala Posts: 616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Also have same issue but is it not to do with your dispatch time, then whom you dispatch with (say RM 1st) so eBay's algorithm with say it'll arrive 2 days (for instance) from purchase? 
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,183 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    shapala said:
    Also have same issue but is it not to do with your dispatch time, then whom you dispatch with (say RM 1st) so eBay's algorithm with say it'll arrive 2 days (for instance) from purchase? 
    Mine are the same as the OP.  I have a 2 day dispatch on and I use 2nd class, but exactly as per the OP if someone bought something on the Monday for instance it might show delivery estimated from as early as Wednesday- yet Wednesday is within my dispatch time and that doesn't even allow for the 2-3 days that RM normally suggest 2nd class will take. 

The odd thing is that it doesn't happen on every listing, I sold a batch of items yesterday. all with 2 day dispatch and all RM 2nd class, yet looking at the estimated delivery dates they aren't all the same.

I would also draw peoples attention to this thread
    Obvious Christmas warning — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback