EXTENDED: You've got another week to add your travel & holiday deals questions for expert MSE Oli as part of the latest Ask An Expert event.

Ding! Ding! All change, please...

in Debt free diaries
865 replies 64.1K views

Replies

• redofromstartredofromstart Forumite
    3.5K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Happy new diary! I look forward to watching your new plans develop. 
  • savingholmessavingholmes Forumite
    24.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Waves 

Plans changing is about the only certainty these days

Loved the food show story too
    Target 1) Prioritise health & social connection 2) Write regularly 51,745/70,000 words Book 2 and 10,787/70,000 Priestess book, 44,000/95000 Memoir Prep 3) Get to £10K EF/Savings Now £6,291 4) MFW starting at £201,999 Nov 21 with 264 245 payments to go. Now £189,678 5) Mortgage neutral progress via pension £3,687 invested since Nov 21 6) Declutter 7) Invest in fun and frolics - and not just future self! 8) CC Debt free April 22 (now stay that way!!)
  • StaffordiaStaffordia Forumite
    300 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I understand your concerns regarding your mother. We were on holiday in Shetland this year when my OH's mother telephoned her in a complete state as she was feeling very ill. Fortunately a friend stepped in and took her to hospital but it took us a few days to reschedule flights. I imagine Shetland and the Hebrides are similar with their remoteness, which is why we both love them of course. 
    Mortgage Free November 2018
    Early Retired June 2020
  • Sunshine_girl2Sunshine_girl2 Forumite
    2.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Re the First Direct Saver, when I opened mine is said it would be open within 3 working days . As you say I guess a lot have been opened . 
    Debt free April 26th 2021

• EssexHebrideanEssexHebridean Forumite
    18.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Re the First Direct Saver, when I opened mine is said it would be open within 3 working days . As you say I guess a lot have been opened . 
    Yes - mine said 3 - 5 working days I think. It's all set up anyway, just means if anything the date for the monthly payment will work slightly better for us if it's the beginning of a month. 
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016 🎉
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    2023 "Gym Neutral Fund" - £89.99/£280 (Membership taken 01/2/23)🏋🏻♀️ 2023/24 Gym cost per use: at 03/05/23 £23.33 per visit! (12) 🏋🏻♀️
    she/her
  • badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    6.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't know if first direct is like the halifax but I moved the DD date from the 20th to 1st a few years ago when I was late opening it.  But I couldn't move it into the previous month even though I had made no contribution in that month.