Best bank account with no app-bothering and minimal 2FA?

Options
2»

Comments

• Calavera
    Options
    Band7 said:
    Calavera said:

This is what I get, no checkbox to "remember me". I don't delete cookies but if I leave and come back 10 minutes later I've got to do it again.
     It’s on the next screen.
    There isn't a next screen. It goes straight from there into my online banking homepage.
  • k_man
    k_man Posts: 1,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Calavera said:
    Band7 said:
    Calavera said:

This is what I get, no checkbox to "remember me". I don't delete cookies but if I leave and come back 10 minutes later I've got to do it again.
     It’s on the next screen.
    There isn't a next screen. It goes straight from there into my online banking homepage.
    Is there not another screen, where you actually enter the code sent via SMS, after you click continue on the screen you shared.
  • Band7
    Band7 Posts: 2,285 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Calavera said:
    Band7 said:
    Calavera said:

It’s on the next screen.
    In which case, I would recommend you start with a clean sheet. Delete your browsing history and cookies, then try again.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I don't have any problems with Lloyds

I don't have a smart phone and haven't given them my mobile number therefore use my pc & a OTP (when it has to come- rarely) is on the landline. I have ticked the 'remember me' on the log in screen as it's a home computer- and there is only me!
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,30 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=164 £86 spent!!!
  • Sensory
    Sensory Posts: 497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Of the major retail banks, I believe the Lloyds Banking Group is the only one that doesn't offer a web chat service. Barclays, HSBC/First Direct, NatWest/RBS and Santander all offer some form it (but always starting with a virtual assistant).

Santander is probably the most painless when it comes to logging in on subsequent occasions (after trusting your browser) requiring only your ID and security number, whereas the others always have a second step.
  • wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Calavera said:

What's that cookie looking icon with a red 'x' over it along from the web address? Click on it an see what it says - I don't have that. Also, try another browser where cookies are definitely enabled.
  • Alex9384
    Options

I have Lloyds and Halifax too, and it's only from time to time that they ask me to skip this step next time. In most cases I need to wait for a SMS code. Also, my IP address changes frequently, so that might be the reason as well.

EPICA - the best symphonic metal band in the world !

• Alex9384
    Options
    Calavera said:
    I'm finally fed up with Lloyds. The only way to contact them is to wait on the phone for ages or message them from their app. I do not want to use an app, I want to use my PC. Also every time I sign in now they want to go through the 2FA nonsense where they text my phone. It started with happening occasionally and now it's every !!!!!! time. Anybody recommend a current account that doesn't stick all their features on an app and does only minimal, or better yet, none, 2FA?

Santander.

EPICA - the best symphonic metal band in the world !

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback