MSE News: Struggling with your water bill? You could get up to 90% off from your supplier

Options
Hundreds of thousands of households in England and Wales could be eligible for up to 90% off their water bill by switching to a discounted tariff provided by their supplier. If you're struggling, we've rounded up what each supplier has to offer and how to check if you're eligible and apply. 

Read the full story:

'Struggling with your water bill? You could get up to 90% off from your supplier - here's how to check if you're eligible'

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• IgaW
    Options
    Severn Trent water scheme- it is up 90% off AVERAGE water usage in the area. So for eg im in the band for 50% but i only get about 25% off. Why? Because i use a lot less water compared to an average household in the area. So the discount for me is less and not adjusted to take into account my real water usage however the minute id use more water than average id be paying more a month. Bit misleading.
  • MikeJXE
    MikeJXE Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Think yourself lucky, I applied for that and was accepted but,

Today I received this email 

We have conducted a review of your account following notification that you have been accepted to the Big Difference Scheme with a 50% reduction off the average household bill. This reduction would have equated to a bill of £194.29 per year.

Last year your bill came to £160.23 and therefore this scheme will not benefit you.

We have closed your application for the Big Difference Scheme and left your account on your standard metered charges.

Not all its cracked up to be if you are careful with your water consumption 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback