Google play balance/stadia refunds

Options
Hi

With my stadia purchases now being refunded back to original source, google play balance, I now have roughly £350 worth on it. I'm struggling to see how to usefully spend it? Do little gaming from the play store. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on useful ways to spend it, for example paying for subscriptions like spotify or anywhere else I can spend it please? Think I'll otherwise be left using it pay for film rentals which again feels a waste!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Jamesdeer001
    Options
    Thanks for the response but this is for the US which is different to what you can do in the UK
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, just wanted to say that I agree with Neil_Jones, above. If you can transfer it back to your bank account, that's great. That's a lot of money for me though and I'd welcome it being returned to my bank. Seems like quite a simple procedure, too. 
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Jamesdeer001
    Options
    MalMonroe said:
    Hi, just wanted to say that I agree with Neil_Jones, above. If you can transfer it back to your bank account, that's great. That's a lot of money for me though and I'd welcome it being returned to my bank. Seems like quite a simple procedure, too. 
    This article applies to the US, not the UK thanks. You can't do this in the UK
  • debitcardmayhem
    Options
    How did you add funds to google play in the first place ?
    🍺 😎 Still grumpy, and No, Cloudflare I am NOT a robot 🤖BUT my responses are now out of my control they are posted via ChatGPT or the latest AI
  • Jamesdeer001
    Options
    How did you add funds to google play in the first place ?
    Various offers over the years including £150 from surveys. As it paid for Stadia it was worth doing
  • piesagittariusstick
    Options
    If you can't figure out a way to transfer the funds back to your bank account, then I can recommend Spotify as one of those "didn't know I needed it before trying it" services. Renting movies and books will also not be a waste IMO. To be honest, I think you took a big gamble by investing in Stadia since it was an ill-conceived service, to begin with... Google never had an answer for Sony's or Microsoft's offerings and if the biggest selling point was "to able to play anywhere and share progress" - people already got that via the immensely popular Nintendo Switch... 
  • Jamesdeer001
    Options
    If you can't figure out a way to transfer the funds back to your bank account, then I can recommend Spotify as one of those "didn't know I needed it before trying it" services. Renting movies and books will also not be a waste IMO. To be honest, I think you took a big gamble by investing in Stadia since it was an ill-conceived service, to begin with... Google never had an answer for Sony's or Microsoft's offerings and if the biggest selling point was "to able to play anywhere and share progress" - people already got that via the immensely popular Nintendo Switch... 
    I already have a spotify family account that I pay £16.99 for. Can I use google play balance to pay for that? If so, can you advise how? As I said above, I used google play balance to pay for Google stadia, not cash so as something that didn't cost me money, I disagree that I took a big gamble. Was good to play cyberpunk on a high end spec as well as other game. I also have a 2 stadia controllers that didn't cost me cash, so again I don't believe a risk.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback