EDF credit payment AND refund to bank account?

Options
eur0
eur0 Posts: 41 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
Bit confused over the energy credits. I appear to be getting £66 paid direct to my bank account AND receiving £66 credit in my energy account. Am I missing something?

Comments

• Jyana
    Jyana Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    It should be credited to your energy account, then once your direct debit clears it will debit out of your account and into your bank instead. It can look a bit confusing how they do it though.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This month BG credited my bank account well before they had shown it leaving my account ! Confusing or what !
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    eur0 said:
    Bit confused over the energy credits. I appear to be getting £66 paid direct to my bank account AND receiving £66 credit in my energy account. Am I missing something?
    hi eur0 

just repeating what jyana is saying. that is how its supposed to happen. 

the goverment are paying 66 of your bill for you. so the 66 refunded to your bank account is your money from your monthly dd. the 66 credit in your energy account is the goverments money replacing it. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback