Crest transfer form when company name has changed over the years

Hello all, hopfully there may be someone out there who can help me with a question regarding transferring share certificates and how to fill out the relevant Crest transfer forms.
The problem comes from the fact that Mrs Notepad has held shares in Lloyds and SSE for many years and until recently any dividends were reinvested into more shares, which means that she has had quite a few share certificates sent to her, and on looking through the many certificates she has received I see that the company names and nominal share values have changed over the years.
e.g. Lloyds certificates started out as "Ordinary shares of 25p each Lloyds TSB Group plc" then the name changed to "Lloyds Banking Group plc" and finally instead of "shares of 25p each" they became "shares of 10p each"
Now I might be wrong here, but as there's no sign of any certificates being sent when the company name has changed or the nominal value of the ordinary shares changing from 25p to 10p, then I assume that the old share certificates are still valid.
But what do I put down on the Crest transfer form for the name of the stock or its nominal value? Do I just put down the latest name and value on one Crest form and then post that single form off along with all of the share certificates, or do I need to fill out multiple Crest forms for each name and nominal value and send them all with the certificates, or is there some other means to do this?
Many thanks for any help.

Replies

• wmb194wmb194 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    See the reply in the thread link below from @IanManc.

Essentially the 25p certificates are still valid and replacements weren't issued but they were all converted to 10p shares so enter 'ordinary 10p' on a single Crest form and attach them all.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/3672483/shares

• edited 18 November 2022 at 9:52PM
    Notepad_PhilNotepad_Phil Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 18 November 2022 at 9:52PM
    wmb194 said:

Essentially the 25p certificates are still valid and replacements weren't issued but they were all converted to 10p shares so enter 'ordinary 10p' on a single Crest form and attach them all.

Many thanks, I assume the SSE plc and Scottish and Southern Energy plc certificates are going to be the same and that I should just put SSE plc on the Crest form and then send them all off. I thought the registrars would have something on their pages to confirm what to do, but if they have then I can't find it.
  • edited 18 November 2022 at 10:18PM
    wmb194wmb194 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 18 November 2022 at 10:18PM
    wmb194 said:

Many thanks, I assume the SSE plc and Scottish and Southern Energy plc certificates are going to be the same and that I should just put SSE plc on the Crest form and then send them all off. I thought the registrars would have something on their pages to confirm what to do, but if they have then I can't find it.
    SSE changed its name on 01/10/2011 and for 'small' changes like these it's common that certificates aren't reissued so yes, I'd say they can all be grouped together as SSE plc. I think they should all be 'ordinary 50p' shares.