Selling something valuable

Good afternoon 
mum thinking of how I might sell my motorhome which is worth maybe in excess of £100k. 
How can I ensure that any payment is legitimate and is safely in my account and can’t be declined before I handover the motorhome 

Comments

• diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Good afternoon 
    mum thinking of how I might sell my motorhome which is worth maybe in excess of £100k. 
    How can I ensure that any payment is legitimate and is safely in my account and can’t be declined before I handover the motorhome 
    CHAPS transfers - do it weekdays and ideally by 2pm as the cutoff for the weekday is 3pm - then confirm the payment -  A small charge is approx 15/20 or no charge depending on the type of bank account you have.

Call your bank and tell them this is what you intend to do and how do you make sure ASAP its gone into your account - therefore you will be fully prepared

Avoid bankers' drafts as they could be fakes.

Good luck
  • diystarter7
    diystarter7 Posts: 5,202
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    ps - thinking back to last year when we sold some jewelry for not as much as your item but many thousands, i was advised the chaps payments can at times be almost instant but often takes up to an hour but at times my not show until the end of the business day
    NB: Call your bank and seek info as advised above
    Take care
  • Any updates?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family