PayPal friends and family payment.

I requested a payment via PayPal friends and family, I received the payment but I was wondering how do I know it was sent by friends and family payment method.  Thank you..

Comments

• How much did you ask for and how much did you receive. If they're the same amount then it was F&F, lower then it was G&S due to PP taking their percentage.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Thank you I requested  £350 and received £350….. I don’t want to be scammed so they can request a refund after I sent item if you know what I mean!! Thanks again…
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,863
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    mauly_2 said:
    Thank you I requested  £350 and received £350….. I don’t want to be scammed so they can request a refund after I sent item if you know what I mean!! Thanks again…
    It all’s spends what you are afraid of. A G and S payment can be safer, even though the recipient pays fees as if any claim is opened it can be defended easily. However if a scam buyer opens a claim with their bank for fraudulent use of a card then a seller cannot defend it with a f and f payment as defence relies entirely on proof of posting to the buyers address as given by PayPal, and posted within 7 days. A f and f payment does not have a confirmed address so the defence does not work.

obviously only a dedicated scammer will go the bother of risking losing their bank account for a fraudulent claim.

A friends and family payment is usually the sign of a scam seller, not a scam buyer. 

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mauly_2
    mauly_2 Posts: 35
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well I’m not a scam seller so I’m good with that! :-). (Says a scam seller lol)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback