Hard Factory reset for Samsung tab a7 Model no. SM-T500

Options
Hope someone can help, I've been trying to sort this out for ages.

I've been unable to connect my Samsung tab A7 tablet to the internet for some time.
 Whichever browser I use and whichever network I'm connected to , I get  the error message "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"
I've tried all the solutions on this Samsung support thread ( https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001559/
The last of these is to perform a factory reset. Unfortunately, this requires authentication with my google account and password and this won't work cos I cant connect to network.
I've seen that many devices can factory reset by pressing and holding the power and volume buttons together but all this does is boot up the tablet.

Any help would be very welcome.
Rob

Comments

• imsi
    imsi Posts: 236 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, as sometimes happens, no sooner do I ask for help, thenI find the answer myself.
    For the benefit of anyone who has this problem in the future, here is what worked for me.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Tablets/Tab-A7-will-not-factory-reset/m-p/2386846#M29949
    Thanks to Astronaut on Samsung Community:
    I finally found a solution that works to factory reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500. This is the device that will not work with the typical method which is to power off the tablet, then hold down volume up and power until the Android recovery screen comes on.

For the Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 SM-T500 do this:
    1. Connect the tablet to a Windows PC with a USB cable while the PC and tablet are powered on
    2. Hold the Volume Down and Power buttons until the tablet powers off and you hear the disconnected device sound on the PC
    3. Then let go of the volume down and then hold volume up while continuing to hold power
    4. The Android Recovery screen load
    5. Let go of the buttons
    6. Press volume down multiple times to highlight Wipe data/factory reset
    7. Then press the power button to select

Thanks also to Funthomas:

I had the same issue. One addition to Astronaut’s description: after rebooting into the hard reset blue screen, I had to keep depressing the Power + Volume up button for 30sec in order for the reset screen to stay. If I let go right after the blues reset screen opened, the tablet booted up normal.

More thanks to Constellation:

for those of you who that did not worked i figure it out.

- make sure to conect your tablet on a computer with a Transfer Data Cable not your regular charger cable type C make sure it makes the sound when you conected to your computer and then follow the steps.

I needed to apply the info from all 3 of these posts to get mine working, 

So happy to have found out.

Rob

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family