Help with pdf doc

Options

I’ve been sent a 20-page PDF document that I am supposed to fill in and email back. The document in its current state does not allow me to add text, it there a simple way I can overcome this please other than printing a hard copy. I’ve downloaded the document and opened it but no way to add text. Thanks for any help.

I choose the rooms that I live in with care,
The windows are small and the walls almost bare,
There's only one bed and there's only one prayer;
I listen all night for your step on the stair.

Comments

• googler
    googler Posts: 16,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can't ask the person who sent it to you?

If not, need more info; your version of Adobe, or whatever you're using to open it, etc. Are you opening it with a PDF reader as opposed to an editor? Many free download PDF programs are read only
  • outtatune
    Options
    The person who created it should have created it as a fillable form, or even better, created an online form in Google Forms or Microsoft Forms. Go back to them and point out, very gently, that they're an idiot.
  • shiraz99
    shiraz99 Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Even with Adobe Acrobat reader you can still add text annotations, although it can be a bit fiddly. Essentially you have to create text boxed and place them on the form where you need it
  • J_B
    J_B Posts: 6,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    shiraz99 said:
    Even with Adobe Acrobat reader you can still add text annotations, although it can be a bit fiddly. Essentially you have to create text boxed and place them on the form where you need it

I use Foxit Reader, which does similar
  • kennse
    kennse Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Just look online for any free PDF Editors. I think there are plenty of good ones. I used to edit some pdf docs in the past.
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I regularly get PDF documents sent that I cannot edit. Not worth paying £16 a month - I simply return them and tell them to send in an edit format. Not difficult - Latest is ID Photos - afgain just reject - why with everybody having mobioles do they not send them in an easy access (jpeg) format
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,938 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I regularly get PDF documents sent that I cannot edit. Not worth paying £16 a month - I simply return them and tell them to send in an edit format. Not difficult - Latest is ID Photos - afgain just reject - why with everybody having mobioles do they not send them in an easy access (jpeg) format

JPEG is not "easy access".  It's universal access, since any image program on the planet can open them, but that doesn't make it an "easy" format.
  • Grey_Critic
    Grey_Critic Posts: 1,338 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options

JPEG is not "easy access".  It's universal access, since any image program on the planet can open them, but that doesn't make it an "easy" format.
    For operative IDs it is -

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure