If I delete photo on iPhone will it also delete on iCloud?

Options
And if so what’s the point of iCloud storage? I thought it was to transfer the photos from phone to iCloud to clear up storage on the iphone

Comments

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,645 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,954 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    katie4 said:
    And if so what’s the point of iCloud storage? I thought it was to transfer the photos from phone to iCloud to clear up storage on the iphone
    You can set the phone to optimize photo storage and so the full files are stored on iCloud and older/less accessed photos are reduced to thumbnails on the phone. If you open one of those up then it pulls down the full file. The mix of full files and thumbnails is dynamically adjusted based on how much spare space you have on the phone. 
  • RobM99
    RobM99 Posts: 2,530 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Buy a memory stick and add them to that too.
    Now not a gainfully employed bassist.
  • kennse
    kennse Posts: 14 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    When I delete it on my own it automatically got deleted from the iCloud. However, I might selected any option for doing this. It was pretty a long time ago so I am not sure. Do a test and see how it goes.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback