HSBC switch

2»

Comments

• WastedWords
    WastedWords Posts: 42 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 November 2022 at 3:23PM
    Applied for joint acc. on Tuesday evening, email received at 5pm last night (Wed) to say account was open and cards and pins would be sent within 7 days followed by a text at 6pm to say they were on their way.
    Was rejected for Advance acc and offered standard account in 2020. No real changes in credit records since. Only difference I can think of was that my wife had changed jobs at end of 2019.  

Corrected my days above. 
    Cards received today (Thursday)
  • I applied again 7days after i was told to wait 10 days and despite warning it may delay my application. I was accepted at end of online application immediately.
    Cheers!!!
  • Zuzi
    Zuzi Posts: 205 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    That's interesting @billyboy and somewhat tempting... I will give them a few more days and then I might try again too.
  • phillw
    phillw Posts: 5,593 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    peteques said:
    Hi all - just tried to switch accounts to HSBC - got the message "We’re sorry, we’re unable to offer you an HSBC Advance Account at the moment." Has this happened to anyone else? My credit rating is good and answers to all questions were fine. Any ideas anyone? Thanks
    Both a friend and I were rejected a few years ago, then both got accepted a year or so later after our salary increased.

• So to confirm, to qualify for the £200 switching bonus, the £1500 element just needs to be deposited within 30 days from opening, and then it can be just as quickly withdrawn?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback