Lenovo tablet not charging or not holding a charge

Options
Brie
Brie Posts: 10,023 Forumite
Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
I've got an ongoing issue with my cheapo tablet.  It doesn't like to be charged and when it does submit to this it only works for about 2 hours max.  And that includes time when it's on but not being actively used.  

Is it likely that some cables no longer work?  I've tried 2 different cables this week and neither managed to get it beyond 2% which meant it died in about a minute.  I'm now trying a third cable plugged into my laptop and that seems to be doing better as it's up to 11% after maybe 15 minutes.  

I'm thinking there may be 2 problems - one with the charging connection and another with the battery.  So a solution of each of these would be appreciated. 

It's excessively slow too so that's I guess a third problem that will only be solved by buying a new one.  so recommendations??  Disappointing if I do need to replace as I think I've only had this about 3 years.

fyi Lenovo TB-X104F with Android 8.1.0.  2 RAM 16GB storage
"Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”

Comments

• sarahTT
    sarahTT Posts: 59 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have the same tablet (bought as refurb/opened box in 2019) and it still keeps about 60-70% of the original charge though charging always takes an eternity, no matter what cable or charger I use.

So how old is yours? I think after about three years the battery begins to falter so some loss is expected.

As to the speed, I agree that's it's no speed demon. I restart the whole thing every now and then, that helps a little. Once you decide to buy a new one, look for something with more RAM, as that seems to be the bottleneck in many cases.

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,023 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I got it from Lidl new for £75 I think.  And it was prob Nov either in 2018 or 2019.  I guess I might keep an eye open for them offering something again later this month as part of the IT promos.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • ballyblack
    ballyblack Posts: 5,065 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 November 2022 at 8:12PM
    Options
    'factory reset' to get rid of all the gunk

in settings
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income