IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Three PCN's - total cost £1000!! Any solution?

Options
I sorely need some advice regarding three PCN's from Lewisham Council that have escalated.

The original PCN's were all for the same reason on the same road "failing to comply with restrictions on vehicles entering a pedestrian zone". I simply did not see the sign when I was driving and made the same mistake within the space of a few days. I challenged it on the grounds of inadequate signage. This was rejected by Lewisham. However, I did not see the reply for many weeks due to extenuating circumstances (I was not at the DVLA registered address due to staying at my partners' while unwell as I have MS).

I then made out-of-time representations to TEC (using the PE2 and PE3 forms) but they rejected it giving me until 14 November to respond for judicial review. 

Now I'm faced with one of three options:

1. Accepting the TEC ruling
2. Going to review
3. Other (if there is? Can I still challenge the original PCN - any other?)

1. Accepting the TEC ruling
I am loathed to do this. l will have a hefty fine and bailiff fee running over £1,000 for the three PCN's.

2. Going to review
TEC's letter said I can ask for a review by completing an Application Notice form N244. The fee for each application to be reviewed by a District judge with a hearing is £275, or £108 without a hearing.

This is obviously expensive, and if I lose will still have the original fee. If I win, will I be refunded for this cost?

Also, can anyone advise as to the likelihood the judge will take my side?

3. Other (if there is?)
Are there any other options? I am willing to do whatever I can to fight this ridiculous charge for an honest mistake.

Help much appreciated

(I tried to post links to the correspondence but wasn't able to as it. Any solution? The files were also to big to upload)

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Quickly post on pepipoo forum as they are best placed to advise on the TEC options.

DO NOT register there with a Hotmail or yahoo email or you won't be cleared to post.

pepipoo will help you quickly.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,536 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Can you tell us where the pedestrian zone is?  Let's see how good the signage really is.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • morgan616
    Options
    It's at the junction of Thorpewood Avenue and Kirkdale is Sydenham, London. 

You can see the signage on google maps. I really should have noticed it, but I have driven there hundreds of times and my brain just didn't pick it up.

The worst thing is a literally parked within the first 10 metres of the road and could easily have just parked on Kirkdale if I had seen the sign. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you've posted on pepipoo now as that's where you need to be, sharpish, given your deadline.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback