British gas new system

Options
badmemory
badmemory Posts: 7,887 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 6 November 2022 at 11:17AM in Energy
Has anyone else had trouble with their new setup?  When they first told me about my new account I went to check it out & surprise it didn't really exist.  So near the end of October I got a bill to the 14th October I assumed because I put my meter readings in as requested.  Great I thought all set up properly, until I looked at the bill, it only had electricity on it & no gas.  I'll ignore the fact that they showed the £66 refund 5 days before they actually made it. 

Current whinges

Why do they send out their bills late on Friday when they are uncontactable until Monday.  Could it possibly be because they know they are going to get a lot of complaints & their email is already full from previous ones.  My last telephone complaint took 1hr 45mins.

Their new billing was sent to an old email address they used to have.

Their new billing does not indicate when the reading is only an estimate.

They've always been a shambles but when you can't even tell them what a shambles it is because their email is full & nothing else works over the weekend ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• badmemory
    Options
    Also a question.  Has the calorific content of gas been higher this year than it has been for the last 10 or so?
  • pallyman
    pallyman Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I have been on the new system for months  for electric & last night logged in as there is a payment to me from them for £227.68 which i have had no communications so do not know what its for.Also all my bill payments have vanished,I truly hate BG electric but have not had a problem with BG gas side.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,643 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badmemory said:
    Also a question.  Has the calorific content of gas been higher this year than it has been for the last 10 or so?

Doesn't seem to have. In my area, the average CV (used by my suppliers) for 2012 was 39.22, compared to an average reported by National Grid of 39.37. This year, it has been 39.35 so far used by my supplier. I don't monitor the National Grid values any longer.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• badmemory
    Options
    victor2 said:
    badmemory said:

Doesn't seem to have. In my area, the average CV (used by my suppliers) for 2012 was 39.22, compared to an average reported by National Grid of 39.37. This year, it has been 39.35 so far used by my supplier. I don't monitor the National Grid values any longer.

That is interesting, because british has had it at almost 40 all year and my last bill had it at 40.1.  This is much higher than any of my previous suppliers & of course makes it more expensive.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,643 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    badmemory said:
    victor2 said:
    badmemory said:

That is interesting, because british has had it at almost 40 all year and my last bill had it at 40.1.  This is much higher than any of my previous suppliers & of course makes it more expensive.
    You can go to http://mip-prd-web.azurewebsites.net/ReportExplorer/Index and put calorific in the search box, then get the CV for all areas on a specific day. Suppliers are supposed to average it out for the area an billing period. IME they always were a bit below the arithmetic average.

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Put my reading for leccy in at the end of October on BG site. On the 3rd November got a demand for a meter read !
    Entered the new read and BG almost immediately raised a statement , showing that I was in ~ £150 credit and my payments were on target.
    HOWEVER elsewhere on the website,  they are telling me that my end of plan balance is too high and want me to reduce my DD ......to £3.64 !!! Appears as if the "end of plan" date is actually the annual DD review date.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback