Scam Facebook sellers...

dazzer21
dazzer21 Posts: 74
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
edited 5 November 2022 at 12:22AM in Praise, vent & warnings

Has anyone had these ads crop up on their Facebook feeds in time for Christmas?! 🤯 I've seen at least 5 different 'businesses' advertising this stuff. They link to websites that sell clothing and shoes, a lot of which they also push personalisation on, such as names on trainers. Their websites show TONS of stuff on there, but all with pretty much no exception at all are just images with Photoshopped designs superimposed; if the products actually exist, there is no physical photography of any of it. See picture as an example - £100 for a pair of trainers that to all intents and purposes are phantom; you can quite clearly see that these are the same photograph that have been manipulated. There is no tangible 3D proof to show their existence. Their Facebook post threads also contain lots of posts, satisfied customers all proclaiming to have received their products as expected, all from foreign accounts that have no credence. I have messaged them asking for photos of the products they received and you can guess what the results of that has been so far. I have had feedback to a couple of posts from people who have said they sent money and got nothing in return. A couple of the Facebook pages have prevented me from leaving more comments. BE AWARE OF THESE! Some of the stuff on these sites are incredibly expensive. Anyone looking at these items thinking they'd make great Christmas presents should think again.

Comments

• There is an option on FB to report them as scams and they're soon taken down. I've done it with quite a few scammers.
    “Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”
    ― Groucho Marx
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes Facebook is pretty much known for scams. I suppose enough people must send them money to make it worthwhile.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback