We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Extra boost for state pension
Comments
-
If you were born after 5th April 1951, you're able to buy additional years in your state pension. However, the boost will only apply if you haven't already paid in the full number of qualifying years for national insurance. Have you taken a career break or done something else which means you'll have skipped your national insurance payments some years?
Mortgage start date: 01/10/2021
Original mortgage debt: £128,000
Remaining debt (01/10/2026): £70,183
Daily interest: £2.37
Mortgage debt end of 2023: £101,528 | Mortgage debt end of 2024: £88,876 | Mortgage debt end of 2025: £78,1640 -
There may be a possibility to increase your pension.How much are you currently receiving ?When did you reach SRA ?How many NI years do you have split pre and post 2016Have you any "not full" NI years after 2006 ?
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
I have a similar query to Geoff. I'm 71 - born September 1951. According to the government website I have 47 years of full contributions but only 47 weeks in the year 2004-2005 - due to unemployment (can't remember but I must not have signed on )
I am told it is too late to pay for this year. Do I just have to accept I have lost out? It seems unfair for just 5 weeks in 48 years of working.0 -
Unlikely that year would have made any difference to your pension.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
