Argos Store Card - Payment website/app down over a week!

Options
Hope this is in the right forum! 

I have an Argos store card and in 2 days my payment deadline is due (2nd Novemeber).  Problem is, their website has been down for over a week.  Their Twitter account is full of people asking how they pay their bills. 

They tell us on Twitter to call the call centre, but I; and others have tried and been told 'The system is down', so how do we pay? 

I expect to get a £12 late payment fee thrown on to next month's bill, which isn't my fault, as I wanted to pay this month's bill, last Thursday!  That's when I discovered the problem and no one from Argos seems to know when the issue will be resolved.

This is the error message we get on a PC (The app is slightly different, but the same DoS message)...

[Quote]

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: 1PkodsKEOsoMVbhLSpx3Pxt0KCd_sFqdZUp2EUdgCNk-ZAvGDWMVUw==

[/End Quote]

I don't need to Google search the above, to see that it appears they've possibly suffered a Denial of Service attack (DoS)!  You wouldn't think it would take over a week to resolve though!  They respond on Twitter with, "We know of the issue, will pass on what you've posted to the web development team." Everyone is posting the same error!

Anyone with the same issue, that knows how to submit payments, I'm all ears? 

Thanks for your help.
Dave.

Comments

• penners324
    penners324 Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Find their account details and make a bank payment. Using the card number in the reference field
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Find their account details and make a bank payment. Using the card number in the reference field
    Which is the correct answer, you can make a payment this way easily. In the future, setup a direct debit to pay the card in full every month and avoid this problem
  • mr_stripey
    Options
    I paid off my BNPL via the Argos app last Friday with no issue. The app has even updated to show the balance as £ 0.00.

• DaverosUK
    Options
    The app has literally just come back on and I've used it to pay my bill (I always like paying it before the due date).  The website for Argos card services is still down, showing the error message as in my first post!

Thanks for your help, I'll take on-board paying through my bank a/c, it might be the better option. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback