Still haven't received my £66 voucher for the energy bills support scheme - advice anyone?

Options
I have a prepayment metre (not a smart metre) for my gas and another for my electricity, both with British gas. According to the government website I should have received a voucher or £66 by 17th October at the latest as the first instalment of the £400 which every household is entitled to. I contacted British Gas to say I'd not received this and the call centre advisor told me it's not the energy supplier who sends them out but the local council and that I would need to contact them, but that doesn't seem right. I spoke to Citizens Advice who confirmed it should be British Gas who should send the vouchers in the post, then I can take them to a Post Office to exchange the vouchers for cash. Has anyone else here been in this situation who could advise me on what I need to do next?

Comments

• newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 October 2022 at 10:59AM
    Options
    I had my prepayment voucher via email from Bulb.  They did warn that it would be sent to the contact details they have on file and that it could be sent by email, text message or post. Have you checked what email address and phone number BGas have on record for you? Could it have gone to an old email address?
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It will be British Gas sending the voucher because they are your electricity supplier.

They are slow to get it sorted this month and the post is also slow it seems.

Wait.
  • ariarnia
    ariarnia Posts: 4,225 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    to add to what sparky said. wait. but also make sure the problem/your complaint has been logged with bg on your account so if you need to chase then some of the 8 weeks you have to wait before escalating will have gone. 
    Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes, including you. Anne Lamott

It's amazing how those with a can-do attitude and willingness to 'pitch in and work' get all the luck, isn't it?

Please consider buying some pet food and giving it to your local food bank collection or animal charity. Animals aren't to blame for the cost of living crisis.
  • Joyful
    Joyful Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Contact  BG again. Its definitely them that sends out the voucher.
    Self Employed, Running my Dream Jobs
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Joyful said:
    Contact  BG again. Its definitely them that sends out the voucher.
    The minimum wage customer service telephone handler will not be able to do or say anything useful on the matter.

Don’t add to the tens of thousands of pointless calls to suppliers at the moment.
  • bobby1111
    Options
    Yes same here not received voucher from british gas i have both gas and electric prepay meters with them its now 1/11/2022 and only have 90 days to take voucher to post office.

Called on phone and email them no joy..they saying it goverment who pays me...postman on strike..I said for 3 weeks ???

just said wait 

• EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It does seem that BG are having some confusion issues with their Customer Service agents as we seem to be hearing of a lot of people who have been given the incorrect information that it will come from their local council.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills