Amazon not delivering item and refund

Options
JohnCox25
JohnCox25 Posts: 31 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post
edited 29 October 2022 at 9:08AM in Shop but don't drop

Amazons carrier did not deliver and item I ordered on said date. Not a big deal as they said they would deliver Thursday 27th October which again failed.
After complaining they gave me a refund which I didn't want or ask for as the item was on for a good deal, that why I purchased it.
I again looked at the product on the Amazon and to my astonishment they had put "Not in Stock" and hiked the price by >25%.Are they within their right to rip people off in this way?

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How are they ripping people off? 

Your parcel may of been lost in transit and is no longer in stock and as for prices, Amazon prices (along with a lot of other retailers) change regularly. 

Set it up on camelcamelcamel and when/if  it drops in price again, reorder and hope they have stock. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • JohnCox25
    Options
    They are ripping off by first misrepresenting the item price by saying "here's a great deal! Buy it! We'll take your money, then after realising they've undercharged on the item deciding not actually send out the product to the buyer, then coming up with false excuses after the delivery date has come and gone saying  "have a refund it's not in stock" when really what happend they've underpriced the product, and thought shlt we made a cockup there, quick! Refund the buyer and put the price up higher. so when the buyer reorders he'll have to pay more.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,960 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JohnCox25 said:
    They are ripping off by first misrepresenting the item price by saying "here's a great deal! Buy it! We'll take your money, then after realising they've undercharged on the item deciding not actually send out the product to the buyer, then coming up with false excuses after the delivery date has come and gone saying  "have a refund it's not in stock" when really what happend they've underpriced the product, and thought shlt we made a cockup there, quick! Refund the buyer and put the price up higher. so when the buyer reorders he'll have to pay more.
    It happens, draw a line under it and hope it goes down in price again. 

No laws broken. You paid, they didn’t deliver, item now out of stock so they refunded you.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure