Nationwide

Jordanparly92
Jordanparly92 Posts: 26 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 26 October 2022 at 1:38PM in Credit file & ratings
I recently transferred my mortgage over to nationwide saw the deal they have on at the moment regarding cash back for transferring a current account and applied

Had an email after the application advising a few extra checks are required did an online chat a few days later was advised I needed to take some id to branch

Did so but was advised my application was stuck in the system this will be deleted and I was asked to start a fresh application in branch

I did this The system keeps getting stuck on the over draft questions I was told this was likely due to me not being accepted for an account due to poor credit I never actually got any refusal the system just wouldn’t let me proceed with the account without agreeing to an overdraft I didn’t want

This makes no sense I know changing my mortgage provider in itself is a negative credit factor but so much so I am refused a bank account?

Comments

• It's quite likely simply down to having swapped mortgage and not allowing time to change. I would suggest checking all 3 credit files for anything like late payments etc but otherwise give it a few months of the usual stuff of paying mortgage on time etc
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback