Help !! Boiler fire up with cold water

Options
aatmohs
aatmohs Posts: 24 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
Hello everyone,

Can you please help me to figerout where is the problem? they changed my boiler few weeks ago and I started to notice that it's fire up when I open the Cold water tap and I checked all of the cold water tap and apparently it is only one tap doing that .. and I don't know why ?? 

Comments

• Staffordian11
    Options
    If it's a combi boiler it will fire up when a hot tap runs. It either detects flowing water or, less usually, a pressure drop.

When you run this cold tap for a while, does it run hot, implying an error in the plumbing when the new boiler was installed?

Only other suggestion is that it is firing to keep heat exchanger warm, to speed supply of hot water, and it is coincidence it happens when cold tap runs?

Other than that, I've no idea, I'm afraid.

• BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you can prove that this is happening all the time (i.e. it isn't just coincidence) speak to the installer/get them back.
    Does that tap really run cold or does it start to heat (the obvious thing would be that somehow it got connected to the hot feed)?
  • jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had this problem a few years ago when we had a Valliant combi boiler installed.
    I have BG Homecare so a engineer came out. He had to ring Valliant and it was a sensor that needed adjusted through the control panel.
    I would definitely get the installer back as they should be able to sort the problem easily.
  • aatmohs
    Options
    If it's a combi boiler it will fire up when a hot tap runs. It either detects flowing water or, less usually, a pressure drop.

When you run this cold tap for a while, does it run hot, implying an error in the plumbing when the new boiler was installed?

Only other suggestion is that it is firing to keep heat exchanger warm, to speed supply of hot water, and it is coincidence it happens when cold tap runs?

Other than that, I've no idea, I'm afraid.

Hello, Thank you for responding.  It is a combi boiler and It is only cold water it doesn't run hot water even if you keep it open for a while and it is only one tap in the bathroom did that and I checked that after I heard the boiler working after every time I use it . 
  • aatmohs
    Options
    BUFF said:
    If you can prove that this is happening all the time (i.e. it isn't just coincidence) speak to the installer/get them back.
    Does that tap really run cold or does it start to heat (the obvious thing would be that somehow it got connected to the hot feed)?
    Hello, Thank you for responding. It's only run cold water and never start to heat .  

I don't know if that is relevant or not but we had a problem with the boiler as it started to leak from a pipe under the boiler after they change it and they said it is a plumbing problem in all the building and it is not there problem that why I came to ask here first before trying to contact them again.
  • aatmohs
    Options
    jessmist said:
    I had this problem a few years ago when we had a Valliant combi boiler installed.
    I have BG Homecare so a engineer came out. He had to ring Valliant and it was a sensor that needed adjusted through the control panel.
    I would definitely get the installer back as they should be able to sort the problem easily.
    Hello, Thank you for responding and for the advice I will call them again hopefully I will an easy fix .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback