🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Query on Octopus Go tariff

Options
I've just ordered my first Electric Vehicle. Now looking into the best tariff to change to.

Currently with Shell on a standard tariff.
Looking into Octopus Go or Octopus Intelligent. 
They are currently pausing sign ups while they sort out how their tariffs work with the price cap,. I'm in no rush as the car isn't expected for 8 weeks.
Does anyone have any idea what is likely to happen?

My other question is, if I move my electric from Shell to Octopus, is my £400 rebate likely to get lost in the switch? Will it be applied to my Gas if I leave that with Shell or will it be tranbsferred over to Octopus? 

also any advice on home chargers?

Thanks for any insight you may have into this.

Comments

  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bobbajob said:
    Currently with Shell on a standard tariff.
    Looking into Octopus Go or Octopus Intelligent. 
    They are currently pausing sign ups while they sort out how their tariffs work with the price cap,. I'm in no rush as the car isn't expected for 8 weeks.
    Does anyone have any idea what is likely to happen?
    No, but we will probably know the answer before Monday...

    bobbajob said:
    My other question is, if I move my electric from Shell to Octopus, is my £400 rebate likely to get lost in the switch? Will it be applied to my Gas if I leave that with Shell or will it be tranbsferred over to Octopus? 

    The supplier you are with on the 1st of the month will handle that months portion of the £400, so no, it will not get lost.

    bobbajob said:
    also any advice on home chargers?

    Wait until we know more from Octopus, but you may want to consider an Ohme charger, as they will give you access to the Octopus Intelligent tariff, regardless of which EV you are purchasing...

    Which car are you getting? ...some are directly compatible with 'Intelligent' so the Ohme would not be so important...
  • bobbajob
    Options
    MWT said:
    bobbajob said:
    Currently with Shell on a standard tariff.
    Looking into Octopus Go or Octopus Intelligent. 
    They are currently pausing sign ups while they sort out how their tariffs work with the price cap,. I'm in no rush as the car isn't expected for 8 weeks.
    Does anyone have any idea what is likely to happen?
    No, but we will probably know the answer before Monday...

    bobbajob said:
    My other question is, if I move my electric from Shell to Octopus, is my £400 rebate likely to get lost in the switch? Will it be applied to my Gas if I leave that with Shell or will it be tranbsferred over to Octopus? 

    The supplier you are with on the 1st of the month will handle that months portion of the £400, so no, it will not get lost.

    bobbajob said:
    also any advice on home chargers?

    Wait until we know more from Octopus, but you may want to consider an Ohme charger, as they will give you access to the Octopus Intelligent tariff, regardless of which EV you are purchasing...

    Which car are you getting? ...some are directly compatible with 'Intelligent' so the Ohme would not be so important...
    Cheers for the reply.
    I've had a quote already for an Ohme charger at £999, but still weighing up my options.
    I've ordered an MG 4.
  • MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,291 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    bobbajob said:
    Cheers for the reply.
    I've had a quote already for an Ohme charger at £999, but still weighing up my options.
    I've ordered an MG 4.
    Then the Ohme would make sense as the MG vehicles are not directly supported.
    Just need to wait for the new tariff details to make sure that is still the best way to go...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards