Private flu jab not at a pharmacy?

Hi all I'm after some advice. I am looking to get the flu jab. I don't qualify for it on NHS which is fine but it means I apparently can't get it done at the GP. They told me to go to a pharmacy.

I struggle with injections as it is and to top it off I have anxiety. I feel really uncomfortable getting stuff like this done in what is basically a shop rather than a proper clinical setting. I had the same issue re Covid vax too but eventually managed to get that at an actual surgery rather than a shop or pop up tent in a random car park! (And I still took 15 mins and a crying session to let them jab me!)

I did pop into a couple of the pharmacies I use to check them out and in all honesty I now feel even less comfortable getting it done in one due to a combo of their set ups and their attitudes.

Does anyone know if there is any way of me getting the flu jab at a surgery or other clinical setting when I have to pay for it?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,078 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Have you tried a Private Hospital eg BUPA ?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Robin9 said:
    Have you tried a Private Hospital eg BUPA ?
    I did just try that actually. Apparently they give you a voucher to go to a pharmacy...!

It's looking like I'm going to have to put on my big girl panties and try to deal with getting it done in a pharmacy. 
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,740 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I have had it done both at pharmacy and the mass group injections done by our health board.  I’d go back to pharmacy any day.  They would have a small room set aside for any consultation and it is all private, unlike the open day flu jab.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback