hotels.com

Hi all,

I used hotels.com to book a two-night the North Stafford Hotel in Stoke-On-Trent. I pre-payed on hotels.com website using PayPal. I get a confirmation email to confirm the booking; along with a booking number.

Ok, so far so good. I arrived at the hotel, went to check-in at reception. The hotel staff me tell that no reservation has been made for me. Phone calls are made, another member of the hotel staff looks into this for me, searches high and low. But no reservation was made for me by hotels.com. I even have an email from the hotel to confirm this. Out of goodwill and courtesy the hotel charged me the same rate that hotels.com had charged me. But this means I have paid twice for the same room.

I tried contacting hotels.com on their website for a refund for failure of service, only to find an automated 'virtual agent' that wouldn't connect me to an agent or recognized any of my booking details. I found a phone number on their PayPal contact details; only to be greeted with a pre-recorded message saying 'this number is no longer in use'. Eventually I emailed them. Their customer service emailed me back saying they would contact the hotel and get back to me, which they haven't.

Tiered of waiting, and reading numerous reviews saying that hotels.com take you go around the houses. I escalated this to a PayPal dispute. Only to have PayPal side with hotels.com, stating that I couldn't produce a document to say credit was due. In my dispute as evidence; I included snapshots of the hotels.com booking conformation, the email from the hotel (confirmation no such reservation), the receipts that showed I had payed twice,

I looked hotels.com FaceBook page, it's inundated with similar complaints to mine. 

So what are my options now? can I complain to someone? can I ask my bank for a Chargeback against PayPal? Have any of my consumer rights been violated? 

any information would be gratefully received

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport