🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What’s happened to my energy credit

Options
Took meter readings on 1st Oct where I had £291 in credit. Account said it  could take up to 10 days for bill to show.  4th Oct the £66 went in which brought it to £357 in credit. Checked today and it has gone down to £291 again !!! Still no bill ! Any ideas what’s happened ? 

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The £66 will have been transferred to the bank account that pays the DD
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They’ve refunded the rebate like several suppliers have said they will.
  • LoopyLorna13
    Options
    Hi guys , thanks for your replies but definitely nothing refunded to bank account so far 
  • User70200
    Options
    Have you tried asking your supplier? I think it can take about 5 days for a refund to process back to your bank, if this is the first part of the £400 government rebate. I prefer to email mine as it means I’m not stuck on hold for an indeterminate time and you have a copy of all correspondence in your inbox/sent folder if you need to refer back to anything.
  • LoopyLorna13
    Options
    We’ll leave it a few days and see what happens then contact them . There never seems to be anything straightforward with these things does there ?
  • Jonboy_1984
    Jonboy_1984 Posts: 1,226 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It’s a basic accounting principle, they have to allocate the funds to a specific customer before sending them out. 

Large payment runs then need a file producing, sending to the bank and authorising, that takes a couple of days to process.
  • otb666
    otb666 Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i am in the same boat waiting for my refund 66 into bank
    35k savings no debt
  • Troytempest
    Options
    With OVO - usual DD went out on 4th - the £66 was in bank this morning (now redirected back to my OVO energy account)
  • The_Green_Hornet
    Options
    I would imagine that most suppliers will use BACS to make the refund payments which on average take 3 working days to clear.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure