SHEIN removing discount code at checkout

Options
Donnah2708
Donnah2708 Posts: 4 Newbie
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
edited 24 October 2022 at 10:38AM in Code not found
So, just wondered if anyone can tell me where I might stand with this. Just placed an order with SHEIN, discount code was accepted and £10.60 was taken off the final total. I then paid by PayPal and when this has been accepted I went on to the order details page and the discount had been removed and the payment amount was the full amount not the discounted amount as was previously shown. So basically I was told I would pay one amount on the final payment screen, but when I went to check my orders, the undiscounted amount was what I had paid. What's the chance of getting a refund for the previously agreed discounted amount?  (took screen shots so can prove the discount code was accepted). The only response I get from them is ‘sorry no code was entered, you need to make sure you out the code in correctly’ blah blah. But the code was out incorrectly and I was told I would pay x amount but was then charged a different amount. Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem with SHEIN? 

Comments

• marcia_
    marcia_ Posts: 1,848 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
     Donnah2708 said:
    So, just wondered if anyone can tell me where I might stand with this. Just placed an order with SHEIN, discount code was accepted and £10.60 was taken off the final total. I then paid by PayPal and when this has been accepted I went on to the order details page and the discount had been removed and the payment amount was the full amount not the discounted amount as was previously shown. So basically I was told I would pay one amount on the final payment screen, but when I went to check my orders, the undiscounted amount was what I had paid. What's the chance of getting a refund for the previously agreed discounted amount?  (took screen shots so can prove the discount code was accepted). The only response I get from them is ‘sorry no code was entered, you need to make sure you out the code in correctly’ blah blah. But the code was out incorrectly and I was told I would pay x amount but was then charged a different amount. Just wondered if anyone had a similar problem with SHEIN? 
     Not with shein but with other retailers due to code not being compatible with what you have ordered or being expired.
     It's your responsibility to check the amount before clicking buy. 
  • Donnah2708
    Options
    But when I marcia_ said:
     Donnah2708 said:
     Not with shein but with other retailers due to code not being compatible with what you have ordered or being expired.
    Buy when I clicked buy, my discounted amount was there, so at that point as far as I was aware, I had paid the discounted amount, it was only when I went in to view my orders that I noticed my amount had changed and the discount had been removed. 
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,898 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But when I marcia_ said:
     Donnah2708 said:
    Buy when I clicked buy, my discounted amount was there, so at that point as far as I was aware, I had paid the discounted amount, it was only when I went in to view my orders that I noticed my amount had changed and the discount had been removed. 
    PayPal should of had the final total before you clicked pay. I have had it where the company says one total but then postage or codes are removed so the PayPal total is different. 

Is it the higher total when you go into your PayPal transactions? If so, as above, it’s your responsibility to check it. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback