Evri Collection Shops and Ebay

I ordered a phone from EBay, which was delivered to my chosen collection shop, promptly, by Evri, 4 days ago. I can see that using the tracking number provided by the seller. So far, so good.

However the poor shopkeeper can't release the parcel to me because EBay haven't registered the parcel as ready for collection, and so I don't have the collection code.

I do have proof of ID and photo ID, but the item needs a collection code.

I've sent messages to Evri customer services, and raised it with EBay too. They are all making the right noises (or rather, sending the right replies), but nothing has happened after 4 hours so far of me raising it, in terms of getting that authorisation I need.

I'll keep you informed.

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Would Evri show it ready for collection. Or does the shop need to 'book' the item in?
    does it show as delivered on Evris site?
  • custardy said:
    Would Evri show it ready for collection. Or does the shop need to 'book' the item in?
    does it show as delivered on Evris site?

All excellent questions. Evri did not show it as being ready for collection. The shop had booked the item in, and it showed as deliviered on Evri's site.

I received an Email from ebay's click and collect team, which said
    "Hi David,

Amanda here from the ebay Click & Collect team. Thanks for getting in touch. Your query has just been escalated over to us regarding item (item number), the phone. Sorry you’ve had this inconvenience, but don’t worry we’ll have this sorted for you shortly.

I can see the parcel was delivered on 01st October but I also note that there does not appear to be a unique identifier or ecp code as it is know on the outside of it. We can tell this by looking at your name and delivery details which appear as follows:

David Sxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx Convenience Store

(address of store)

The code which is available for the seller in the View Order Details should appear between your name and the Collection Point store details.  The issue with this is that it makes it very difficult for the store to process the parcel without those details. I have tried to contact the store by phone but I have not been successful. It simply is not good enough that they would not release the parcel to you David. I have a suggestion I believe will work but you would need to go back to the store and provide them with the code to input into their system, below :

David Sxxxxxxxxx

Collingwood Convenience

eCP:NWZXYZXYZ (code changed by ds)

If they do not co-operate and I sincerely hope that isn’t the case, they should contact us for further assistance. Having said that with the ecp code there is no excuse, they should be able to complete check in as this is all they need. Please feel free to show them this message should you deem it necessary.

I note you have a case open but don’t worry you will get a full refund if necessary and your seller will not be held accountable. I will make sure of that, I do hope it wont come to that however.

Thank you for your understanding. Knowing how important it is  I do hope this enables you to get your parcel.

Again, sorry about this, let us know how you get on. We are here and happy to help.

Thank you for choosing ebay, have a good evening.

Amanda

Click & Collect"

Evri sent me a note 24-36 hours later saying I should contact ebay for the code as they couldn't release it without one! VERY unhelpful, and I won't be using Evry's click and collect service again. Everyone at Evri knew I was the person to whom the parcel had been sent.

Resolution:

at the convenience store the next day there was an assistant who was more experienced and was able to input the code Ebay had sent, which opened things up and I was able to collect the parcel.

• david100351
    david100351 Posts: 19
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 October 2022 at 11:41AM
    As a further comment, Evri only have a premium rate number listed on their site*, and their chat bot is very limited, and has no options for when the system doesn't work.Their home deliveries are great, but this experience was tortuous. The original guy at the shop said that they had lots of things not turn up and the customer had been notified the parcel was ready, or turn up and be uncollectable. It's like, you can always apply for a refund - but I had won an auction. Did I really want a refund at that point? - No!

Consider this bit as the vent this thread is supposed to be for!

* saynoto0870.com gives the number 0330 808 5456 as a non-premium alternative

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback