TSB account application glitch but still Hard Search.

Went to apply for a new TSB current account yesterday through the MSE link for the switch bonus.
Completed the initial details after which the site said checking your details and then a page appeared concerning if an overdraft was required. This page only lasted a few seconds and then suddenly refreshed itself with a message now stating that a glitch had occurred with a reference. I didn't note this down but it stated not to try again and phone.

When I phoned the TSB general number, they had no record of my application and that I could try again if I wanted. I was going to this morning but noticed a hard search from TSB dated yesterday on TransUnion. Don't know what to do now, I was not accepted or refused but ended up with a search. 

Comments

• Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    One search, especially for a current account, is neither here nor there.  If it really bothers you then ask TSB to remove the search, but it'll have zero impact on your credit record for all practical purposes.
  • alewin
    alewin Posts: 177
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    One search, especially for a current account, is neither here nor there.  If it really bothers you then ask TSB to remove the search, but it'll have zero impact on your credit record for all practical purposes.
    Thanks for the reply,
    I'm not bothered about the record or credit score, I've had over six hard searches for current account applications this year (lots of switching offers) and a credit card at the end of last year. This includes a previous TSB search which I switched away from.
    It doesn't affect any applications for new accounts or credit.

What bothers me is the hard search for an application with no end result, something that bugged out on me. It's just there.
    I spoke to TSB again this morning and was told this time that there was an application being processed and to wait three days.
    Can't see how as I didn't get to the end of the application, the final few pages which included setting up internet banking. If nothing happens then I will try to have the hard search removed, don't know how to do that though.
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    alewin said:
     If nothing happens then I will try to have the hard search removed, don't know how to do that though.
    Only TSB can remove the search - you'd have to phone them up and ask them.  The CRA can't change any data, they simply report on the data given to them by a lender.
    But I'd wait and see what happens with the application, then take it from there.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback