Line-up changed do I have any rights?

Options
FabuLass
FabuLass Posts: 568 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 2 October 2022 at 8:07PM in Theatre, concert & events tickets
Hi everyone,
 my husband died in January and when a small policy came in that we didn't know he had we decided to book tickets to a Giants Live Strongman event on Ticketmaster kind of in his honour because he was such a huge strongman fan.

I paid 6 x £285 for vip meet and greet tickets months ago now but the strongmen we wanted to meet (biggest names in the field atm) pulled out. 
 They were so kind and actually sent me video messages when they heard he'd died

They were replaced, then someone else got injured and they pulled out, then some more. This has now happened so many times we are way, way down the pecking order of strongmen. There are literally no big names left in the show at all. More than half of the 13 athletes promised at the beginning have been replaced.

Don't get me wrong, it will be a fun show, but we absolutely not £285 each worth, and there's not anyone we'd be interested to meet at the meet and greet. 

This was a one off for us, I'd like to put the money aside so my kids can actually see my husbands favourites compete in future. 

I know they don't cover you for changing your mind, but I feel they have moved the goalposts so far it's not what I paid for at all!
For all know it could have been done on purpose to generate huge sales. 
Like promising you A-list Hollywood stars and ending up with Timmy Mallet (sorry Timmy fans) It's almost false advertising even though they'll paint it as genuine reasons. 
(Also they're still using the original line-up in their ads) 

I did take the Allianz insurance without realising the max they pay out is £1000. 

I tried reselling the tickets on Ticketmaster but the fees they added on were horrendous (I think £42 per ticket) and as there were still Gold Vip tickets left no way mine were going to sell at that price. 

And finally to top it off the trains are going on strike on our date so now we can't even get home (if we manage to get there!)

Thank-you if you've made it this far...is there ANYTHING we can do? I'd be so grateful for any advice. 

Thank you! 

You'll make my day if I know I've been helpful to you in some small way,
so please press my :T thanks :Tbutton x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family