Transunion dispute (ongoing since May22)

Hi all,

I’ve raised a number of disputes with Transunion (as part of my credit file cleanup post IVA discharge) and I appear to continue to be hit with a brick wall.

My issues are as follows;

Issue 1) One of my creditors has a default date over 1 month after that in which my IVA started, Transunion keep rejecting the dispute as Completion unsuccessful

Issue 2) Transunion have pretty much just point blank refused to update the electoral register section to show that I am on the electoral roll at my current address

Experian & Equifax have been superb and timely with all updates and disputes (mainly default dates) but Transunion have been nothing short of a nightmare.

Yesterday I had fired off a strongly worded email to their complaints email as per their complaints guide but I don’t hold out much hope and I am expecting a case will need to be raised with the FOS (which will take months!).

Has anyone else had problems with Transunion dragging their heels?

What is the impact on a mortgage application with no electoral registration?

I’m quite glad that I’ve still got plenty of time before applying for mortgage (just waiting on defaults to reach 6 years and drop off) but had I have been wanting to apply now I’d be super annoyed!
Save £12k in 2023 challenge

Jan = £715 / £1,000 Feb = £1,275 Mar = £400  (fallen behind will make up in April)
Apr = £ May = £ Jun = £
Jul = £ Aug = £ Sept = £
Oct = £ Nov = £ Dec = £

Saved Total = £1,990 / £12,000

Replies

• gd55gd55 Forumite
    112 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    It's the creditor you need to take it up with I believe as the agencies can only log what they ate told from them. Not sure how/why other agencies were able/willing to change data against what the creditors were providing though...

Similarly, electoral roll info is provided to agencies by the council. I found mine took three months to update when I moved recently.

My debt-free diary: Go your own way

Save £12k in 2023 #20 £1,705.52/£12,000
  • MrFrugalFeverMrFrugalFever Forumite
    824 Posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    gd55 said:
    It's the creditor you need to take it up with I believe as the agencies can only log what they ate told from them. Not sure how/why other agencies were able/willing pto change data against what the creditors were providing though...

Similarly, electoral roll info is provided to agencies by the council. I found mine took three months to update when I moved recently.
    Thanks for your response.

I’ve sent them proof (a letter from the council) at their last request in July and then chased up end of August as hadn’t heard anything and was told to allow 28 days to be told that I needed to raise another dispute as the information and current dispute was ‘out of date’. 
    I find it incredibly frustrating that they can’t just play ball on this one.

I don’t wish to have any direct correspondence with my past creditors (there’s a certain element of guilt involved here too) so if I can’t get the dates changed I will just have to wait a further month for it to drop off.

My last case referral to FOS took 6 months to resolve so really wanted to avoid that route.
    Save £12k in 2023 challenge

Jan = £715 / £1,000 Feb = £1,275 Mar = £400  (fallen behind will make up in April)
    Apr = £ May = £ Jun = £
    Jul = £ Aug = £ Sept = £
    Oct = £ Nov = £ Dec = £

Saved Total = £1,990 / £12,000
  • sourcratessourcrates Forumite
    26.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    As above, you file a dispute with TransUnion, they go back to the creditor, creditor looks at your file, files concur, creditor says information is correct, TransUnion can`t do any more.

You must complain to whoever is sending this incorrect information, they are the only ones who can change it.
    Ex MSE Board Guide.

More than a third of IVA`s fail....fact.
    Could A Debt Relief Order help you ?
    Never pay a fee for a Debt Management Plan.
    For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either : Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.