PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Newbie here- can you use individual porcelain dishes in the remoska?🙂

Options
Fragile newbie here. I have been given a remoska and I am trying to make my diet meals from what's in the freezer.

Comments

• joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,597 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Not sure about using porcelain dishes really.  Would you use them in the oven?  If so then you could use them in the Remoska.  Could you not just make something and then divide it up after it's cooked?
  • Mayaboo
    Options
    Yes I have used them in the oven, but it's recipe for 8 , and hard to divide down into small enough portions .( diet) 
    i haven't got the remoska rack, so hope this is ok to do. Thanks and sorry if it's a silly question 
  • London_1
    London_1 Posts: 1,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I use pyrex dishes in my remoska  and they are fine, not sure about porcelain ones though ,but if you use them in your ovn then probably ok in a 'moska. I have never had the rack either. Wow you have got a super friend if you've been given one I love mine and would be lost without it
    JackieO xx
  • joedenise
    Options
    Not a problem not having the rack although I find it useful for things like jacket potatoes (I microwave first and then crisp up in the Remoska) as I think it's better to get the heat all round but lots of things I just cook directly on the base as does JackieO.  

It was JackieO who years ago convinced me a Remoska was worth having and I have to say I agree with her.  I have the Grande indoors and the Standard in the motorhome and wouldn't be without either of them.

• Mayaboo
    Mayaboo Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 2 October 2022 at 8:46PM
    Options
    joedenise said:
    Not a problem not having the rack although I find it useful for things like jacket potatoes (I microwave first and then crisp up in the Remoska) as I think it's better to get the heat all round but lots of things I just cook directly on the base as does JackieO.  

It was JackieO who years ago convinced me a Remoska was worth having and I have to say I agree with her.  I have the Grande indoors and the Standard in the motorhome and wouldn't be without either of them.

I've now ordered the rack , I am guessing it might be useful for pork or chicken portions to cook a bit quicker. I am clearing out my freezer and just cooked some pork ribs. I tnink I could  have had to use less oil if I could have moved them nearer to the element?
    I am like kid with a new toy!

Thanks for replying peeps, much appreciated ♥️ 

• joedenise
    Options
    The rack is reversible so that you can put things like chops nearer the lid although I don't bother as I've usually veg in it and just add the chops later.  
  • Mayaboo
    Options
    joedenise said:
    The rack is reversible so that you can put things like chops nearer the lid although I don't bother as I've usually veg in it and just add the chops later.  
    I'm still figuring the cooking times, etc..
    Need all the help I can get 
  • joedenise
    Options
    I find the times are similar to using a conventional oven at about 180-190 degrees, perhaps a few minutes less.  You just have to learn as you go along!  We all had to get used to cooking in a different way when we got our Remoskas.  I'm sure you'll love it as much JackieO and myself once you get used to it.

• London_1
    London_1 Posts: 1,609 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I agree my Remoska was the best thing I ever bought, and its used daily along with my microwave.I think its more than paid for itself.
    I probably only use my big oven around once or twice a month and then only for a big 'bake' up :) 

JackieO xx
  • Mayaboo
    Options
    joedenise said:
    I find the times are similar to using a conventional oven at about 180-190 degrees, perhaps a few minutes less.  You just have to learn as you go along!  We all had to get used to cooking in a different way when we got our Remoskas.  I'm sure you'll love it as much JackieO and myself once you get used to it.

Yes I think that's what I'm learning. I had read it was quicker but I'm not finding that 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback