Estimated meter readings (in favour?)

Options
scotslad1983
scotslad1983 Posts: 97 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 29 September 2022 at 8:02PM in Energy
Hello everybody,

I was unfortunate (like many other millions) to lose my energy supplier (Igloo) with whom I had a good deal. 

I was switched to an e.on next package, again like many others on their variable tariff.  

The first 'estimate' was correct, from when they took over the supply, but since then they have overestimated how much energy I use.  (my house is well insulated, and I don't use much heating).  This means they 'think' I used a lot of energy at a much lower rate from earlier this year, and in fact I have effectively paid for this, and future energy already (approximately 4-5 months worth)

I am now being encouraged to submit meter readings before the 1st October, which I understand is beneficial to most.  

Is there any benefit to me submitting my meter readings?  My belief is this will generate a refund, and then that will be quickly swallowed up by the rate change coming this winter.

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Comments

• At some point you will need to submit a meter reading, at which point they will go back and change every estimate since the last time there was an accurate reading.

You might win, you might lose.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure