House Insurance

Any suggestions on where to start looking for a new Insurance Company for our House Insurance?  Was with Co-op but their renewal has just come through at almost double last year and nothing has changed.

Comments

• Depends on what basis you want to buy on... if its like 95% of the market then go to your preferred aggregators (confused.com, compare the market etc) and then tag on the few anti-aggregator brands like Aviva and Direct Line
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 115,702
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Was with Co-op but their renewal has just come through at almost double last year and nothing has changed.
    There have been changes.  You have the new FCA regulations and inflation.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • dunstonh said:

I thought the FCA regulations were supposed to save coonsumers miney not cost them more!  Oh well, another piece of Government legislation which wasn't thought through properly.

• dunstonh said:

I thought the FCA regulations were supposed to save coonsumers miney not cost them more!  Oh well, another piece of Government legislation which wasn't thought through properly.

Not at all, it was designed to save consumers who'd been auto-renewing for years which tended to be older customers who may be considered vulnerable.

It was acknowledged at the time that for those that shopped around each year that it would have a negative impact on them as new customer discounts wont be available and the loss of excessive paying long term customer could no longer cross fund the new customers.  
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595
    First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    received my renewal from lv insurance I was up by 40% when on quidco got a quote from lv insurance same details quote was £60 cheaper plus cash back how than this happen
  • rexel said:
    received my renewal from lv insurance I was up by 40% when on quidco got a quote from lv insurance same details quote was £60 cheaper plus cash back how than this happen
    So this year you bought directly on their website?
    How did you buy it last year? Or the first year if you just renewed last year by accepting the renewal? Did you phone them up to negotiate or ask Qs and then agree to buy on the phone?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback