🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Gas Pricing For Small Retail Shop/Business - Help Appreciated

Options
Hi all

I own a small(ish) retail shop and notice that my British Gas contract has now expired and I'm on a 'Variable Price Plan'.

My very minimal understanding is that although prices for gas are due to increase very shortly once again.........that most gas companies have already put the new pricing in place and if I were to move to a fixed contract I'd be signing up at the higher rates anyway (I'm poss completely wrong).

My question is - is it best to stay variable at mo and hope pricing may reduce or even at this stage should I move it to a fixed contract?

Anyone with any knowledge please comment as I'm totally honest in my understanding of it being rather poor.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. Based in Scotland incase that impacts anything on costings/plans.

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,149 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Got my 12 month terms yesterday - not seen the actual contract

£4.45 S/C

Awaiting how the review will work
    Never pay on an estimated bill
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories