Al Rayan Withdrawals

This has probably been asked before but . . . . 

I noticed in ToTP that Al Rayan is 'app only-ish'. Reading their product summary for the ES Issue 3 there appears to be no facility to withdraw money online though it can be opened and allegedly managed online. Is that correct? And is that why it has been designated here as 'app only-ish'?

I tried to call them but none of the menu options worked for a non-customer with a general enquiry and there was no default option.

Can I withdraw money?

No notice is required to make a withdrawal from your Everyday saver account, and there is no limit to the number of withdrawals you can make in any month - subject to there being sufficient funds in your account.

You can withdraw your funds in any of the following ways:

• Through Digital Banking (if you haven't already, you'll need to register. Visit alrayanbank.co.uk/mobile)  
  • Call us
  • Writing to us at Al Rayan Bank PLC, PO Box 12461, Birmingham, B16 6AQ giving us instructions to make a payment to a nominated account

Comments

• Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2022 at 2:53PM
    You can make withdrawals using the app or, if you can still get a Digipass code generator from them, using the online website.  Typically take from a few minutes to an hour or so to arrive. Limit £20k a day or £10k by phone.

Probably being referred to a "appish" as they don't automatically issue the code generators due to the cost, and you should check if they are still available if you aren't able to use the app, which I've found to work well..
  • mebu60
    mebu60 Posts: 895 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    You can make withdrawals using the app or, if you can still get a Digipass code generator from them, using the online website.  Typically take from a few minutes to an hour or so to arrive. Limit £20k a day or £10k by phone.

Probably being referred to a "appish" as they don't automatically issue the code generators due to the cost, and you should check if they are still available if you aren't able to use the app, which I've found to work well..
    Thanks Rh.

I am app adverse though I have the VM one as necessary to log on online, The free box of wine had no influence on the matter (7 white, only 5 red, so wrong!). 

Does anyone have a phone no for Al Rayan that isn't 0800 408 6407? Then I'll try again to call them and enquire about the digipass.
  • Yes , you can withdraw money online. Set up your new payee instructions (you have to use the app to get the confirmation code though). Once thats done it should all be in front of you in your account page

• Rollinghome
    Rollinghome Posts: 2,676 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2022 at 5:14PM
    mebu60 said:

Thanks Rh.

I am app adverse though I have the VM one as necessary to log on online, The free box of wine had no influence on the matter (7 white, only 5 red, so wrong!). 

Does anyone have a phone no for Al Rayan that isn't 0800 408 6407? Then I'll try again to call them and enquire about the digipass.
    Can you not select any option and get transferred? As I remember, option 3 was for general enquiries.  They also list the number 01298 890137, but that's likely to take you to the same options. They've been busy recently so you're like to have a wait. Twitter or Facebook might be an option for a quick question.

While it has all the functions you're likely to need, the website is somewhat labyrinthine and does take a bit of getting used to.  You can use the app to scan the QR type box to gain access to the website without a Digipass.

• Aidanmc
    Aidanmc Posts: 730 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    mebu60 said:

Thanks Rh.

This is Al Rayan digital banking helpline, 0800 694 7193.
    Virgin can also give a digipass device.
  • sultan123
    sultan123 Posts: 385 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Is this a reliable bank?
  • sultan123 said:
    Is this a reliable bank?

I’ve not had any issues, pays profit on the 1st of the month and raises its rates.
    Then applied new rates to account.
    Limit of 20k withdrawals per day. Weekdays that is.
  • sultan123 said:
    Is this a reliable bank?
    Depends on what you determine as reliable.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback