Sister and I defrauded by our mother

Options
GloriaShaw85
GloriaShaw85 Posts: 78 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
edited 26 September 2022 at 2:18PM in England
I’ve written on here about how my mother has stolen my identity and racked up £36,000+ of debt in my name and stolen my car etc but she’s done this and worse to my sister. 

She’s bought a property on my sister’s name, forging her signatures, back when she was a student. This was because my mother was claiming benefits and using that money plus my sister’s student loan to buy a property and get rental income, but she couldn’t use her own name to buy, as my mother was on benefits. (If that makes sense?). Thus, my sister is never allowed help first time buyers are given, because she’s deemed to have a property, even though she never did it herself  nor gained the rent nor lived in the flat. 

At this flat, my mother kept short-term and foreign tenants on a lodgers agreement, despite never living there herself, and basically told the tenants that all bills were included. Once they moved out, electricity, gas, council tax would write saying there was no payment received, and basically she’d write back giving the tenant’s details stating they were liable. This has meant, for 12 years now, council tax, water, and electricity has not been paid. 

Recently, my sister “took over” this flat by legally kicking out the tenants and occupying the property herself, as she’s been struggling since she got kicked out in 2014, and is the owner on paper. But it’s resulted in the utility companies now coming after her for payment! What can she do? She doesn’t have nor is it fair for her to pay £12,000 council tax, £11,000 edf etc. She reported the fraud to both AF and the police in 2018, where she found my mother took out a car finance in her name, got speeeding points and put them on my sister’s licence (the points have been removed now because it’s fun its time but what could be done about this?), but nothing happened. 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport