Has anyone recently switched from a Nationwide Flex to a Flexplus account?

Options
I am considering switching to the paid for account for the included travel insurance as I have a couple of trips coming up and it will be worth having, but while looking for reviews of the account found Nationwide's rating on Trustpilot has fallen through the floor with some people having trouble switching, I have not had a problem with their service in the past but it seems things have taken a turn for the worse and don't want to be caught out like it seems others have been, does anyone have recent experience?

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Switched from a flex to flex plus last week. No problem,done on line and I’ve kept all the old bank account numbers, just getting new bank cards.
  • Daliah
    Daliah Posts: 3,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 25 September 2022 at 10:26AM
    Options
    There is no reason to expect your service level would be different if you change the account type.

I would go by my own experience if I were you, and completely ignore Trustpilot. 
  • J_forest
    Options
    comeandgo said:
    Switched from a flex to flex plus last week. No problem,done on line and I’ve kept all the old bank account numbers, just getting new bank cards.
    Hello, do you have a new sort code and new account number? I am thinking about switching too but my flex account links 8 direct debits... 
  • Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    J_forest said:
    comeandgo said:
    Hello, do you have a new sort code and new account number? I am thinking about switching too but my flex account links 8 direct debits... 
    The term 'switch' is misleading here. Changing your Nwide Flex Account to a Flex Plus account is not a switch, it's simply changing the status of the account. It will retain the account number and sortcode. And any direct debits will be unchanged. Not to be confused with a switch to another bank, where there will be new account number and sortcode and direct debits are transferred. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback