Good morning all.
Another question from a trainee pv'er!
I'm receiving quotes at the moment and I have a question about inverters.
1. If a quote includes an inverter that is a 5.0 KW (GivEnergy 5.0) does this imply that a G99 will have to be applied for and given? Does the 5k give me a worthwhile amount of power over a year on a 6kw array to make a G99 application worthwhile - if it is indeed needed?
2. If a quote includes an inverter limited at 3.68kw (Solis) I'm presuming that this implies the easier G98. But based on instinct, experience or actual calculation what would I lose on a lovely day and perhaps an average day on a 6kwh array. Or does the excess over 3.68kw that isn’t being currently used divert to the batteries ie no loss?
Thanks all for the continued patience and replies and helping me with my PV education!
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.2K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.4K Spending & Discounts
- 232K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.7K Life & Family
- 245.2K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards