My current usage is as follows:

We are with Octopus flexible avro - bill period: April 2022- June 2022
@ 7.08p/kWh unit price gas
@ 25.92p/day standing charge gas

@ 26.94p/kWh unit price electricity
@ 45.60p/day standing price electricity
electric used: 753.9 kWh
gas used: 3027.3 kWh

I'm due to switch to Octopus Tracker on 30th Sept. I went with the tracker as I didn't have the smart meter installed but I'm now getting this on the 28th. The tracker was 55p kwh for electric and 16p for gas. I'm guessing it's better to move to the Agile tariff. Are there any better options out there for me? I note there's been a lot of debate on the forum about how the energy cap will work for these tariffs. Has there been any information released with regards to this yet?

Replies

• QrizBQrizB Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    There's no news yet on how the EPG affects Agile or Tracker.
    You've got another week or so until your planned tariff change, and you can revert to Flexible at any time without penalty.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Voda BB / Virgin mobi. Ripple WT2 member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 2.5kw inverter. 28MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem caps explained - April 2022 and October 2022. EPG explainer to follow eventually!
  • DolorDolor Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    adidas said:
    Hi all

My current usage is as follows:

We are with Octopus flexible avro - bill period: April 2022- June 2022
    @ 7.08p/kWh unit price gas
    @ 25.92p/day standing charge gas

@ 26.94p/kWh unit price electricity
    @ 45.60p/day standing price electricity
    electric used: 753.9 kWh
    gas used: 3027.3 kWh

I'm due to switch to Octopus Tracker on 30th Sept. I went with the tracker as I didn't have the smart meter installed but I'm now getting this on the 28th. The tracker was 55p kwh for electric and 16p for gas. I'm guessing it's better to move to the Agile tariff. Are there any better options out there for me? I note there's been a lot of debate on the forum about how the energy cap will work for these tariffs. Has there been any information released with regards to this yet?
    Agile - how so: the ship has sailed?

1. Prices are calculated based on a formula related to wholesale costs, and usually published between 4-10pm (normally, but not always, nearer 4pm), for the following day, with a different price for every 30 minutes of every day. Prices can rise as well as fall (though they are capped at 78p/kWh). If you prefer the security of fixed prices, you should consider our Fixed or SuperGreen Octopus tariffs.
    Many people on Agile will be switching to the ‘capped’ tariff: I am looking at E7 as almost all my import is during an offpeak period.