Has anyone seen the E.ON Next prepayment prices for 1 October 2022, please?

Options
Has anyone seen the E.ON Next prepayment prices for 1 October 2022, please? My mother is in the Midlands.

Oddly, her bill is getting cheaper and cheaper:

E.ON 01 October 2022 Economy 7 prices including VAT

Day 665 kWh x £0.43631 = £290.15
Night 5,268  kWh x £0.13601 = £716.50
Standing charge £0.49238 x 365 days = £179.72
TOTAL £1,186.37

Amortise £400 allowance and £600 pension cost of living allowance prospectively over 12 months

Revised total £1,186.37 - £400 - £600 = £186.37 for the 12 months ahead

I wonder whether she could do even better in moving from direct debit to prepayment. Would E.ON Next permit this?

I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 32,006 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    With EDF some of the pre payment rates certainly are the cheapest payment method along with big reductions in the off peak rates.
  • Sterlingtimes
    Options
    molerat said:
    With EDF some of the pre payment rates certainly are the cheapest payment method along with big reductions in the off peak rates.
    Thank you. It was the EDF rate that got me thinking. The night rates at EDF are super cheap on prepayment. I wondered whether EDF would follow suit. My mother uses 85% of her annual power at night. 
    I have osteoarthritis in my hands so I speak my messages into a microphone using Dragon. Some people make "typos" but I often make "speakos".
  • philipbin
    Options
    molerat said:
    Thank you. It was the EDF rate that got me thinking. The night rates at EDF are super cheap on prepayment. I wondered whether EDF would follow suit. My mother uses 85% of her annual power at night. 
    The above shows calculations using EDF's rates for the Midlands using your Mothers figures.
    On the prepayment/PAYG rate there is a saving of £269 :)

• Sterlingtimes
    Options
    philipbin said:
    molerat said:
    The above shows calculations using EDF's rates for the Midlands using your Mothers figures.
    On the prepayment/PAYG rate there is a saving of £269 :)

Thank you for your kindness in checking that for my mother. She is 94 with various health problems since she fractured her hip and will be pleased with the saving if E.ON follows suit. Perhaps E.ON will publish their tariffs shortly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback