Best BG tariff

Options
Hi, I'm a Neon Reef customer defaulted to a BG Standard Variable tariff til July 2022.  I've no idea what's happened since but need to sort out my account with them.  In the current circumstances what's the best tariff I can move to.  London area.  Cheers.

Comments

• The_Fat_Controller
    Options
    I do not know of any companies offering anything apart from the Standard Variable tariff.

That will become capped on 1st October to the Energy Price Guarantee unit rates and standing charges. 
  • Ant555
    Ant555 Posts: 1,569 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You may already be on the 'best' tariff available to you right now which, as you have done nothing since your switch, will be the BG variable tariff.

I believe that unless there is a Govt u-turn or the unlikely event that world energy prices take a massive tumble then this could be  the best, possibly only, option for you for the next two years (happy to be corrected)

Do you have an electric vehicle - do you know your historical energy usage and is this at your current address.
  • woeestme
    Options
    Ant555 said:
    You may already be on the 'best' tariff available to you right now which, as you have done nothing since your switch, will be the BG variable tariff.

I believe that unless there is a Govt u-turn or the unlikely event that world energy prices take a massive tumble then this could be  the best, possibly only, option for you for the next two years (happy to be corrected)

Do you have an electric vehicle - do you know your historical energy usage and is this at your current address.
    No electric vehicle.  Yes, I have a several years of recorded usage for my address.
  • brewerdave
    Options
    woeestme said:
    Hi, I'm a Neon Reef customer defaulted to a BG Standard Variable tariff til July 2022.  I've no idea what's happened since but need to sort out my account with them.  In the current circumstances what's the best tariff I can move to.  London area.  Cheers.
    You will find that your prices went up with the variable cap in April. ( read one of the many debates about the Neon Reef SOLR rate "guaranteed" til 31st July). Will go up again from the 1st October in line with the Government's Energy Price Guarantee. No fixes with BG currently.
  • woeestme
    Options
    Got the message from BG of the rates and the price rise from 1st October.  Shocking!

I read somewhere it'll go up again in Jan 23.

What is a price cap if the unit rates just keep going up, which have to be paid?  Newspeak.
  • woeestme said:
    Got the message from BG of the rates and the price rise from 1st October.  Shocking!

I read somewhere it'll go up again in Jan 23.

What is a price cap if the unit rates just keep going up, which have to be paid?  Newspeak.
    You're about three weeks out of date with what you're reading then.

And what did you expect anyway, a cap that could never change for ever and ever and always, no matter what happens in the world?  Naïve.
  • The_Fat_Controller
    Options
    @woeestme the October price rise is the only one we get for the next 2 years if on SV tariffs.

As Mr Lewis said on TV this morning, the headline average user bill will be rising by 27% under the EPG cap.

The OFGEM price cap will be reassessed every 3 months but you are incorrect in thinking actual prices will go up.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback