£4 per day for gas? No CH on?

Options
All of a sudden our smart meter is showing gas usage of £4-£5 per day. Normally it's about £1. Heating not on. 2 showers and one bath per day. Our usage has not changed and prices have not yet increased so I've no idea what this charge could be?
Thanks for any help 

Comments

• Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I think you are looking at the In House Display that's in your kitchen  -  the Smart Meter will be in your garage or an outdoor meter box.

Read that meter over the next few days and let us know the readings.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Coffeekup
    Options
    How many kWh's is the difference compared to when it was £1?

Someone taking longer showers?
    Is it just today that's happened? If so it could be the thermostat kicked the boiler as it was cold over night (last night).

• Ultrasonic
    Ultrasonic Posts: 4,235 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 17 September 2022 at 10:41PM
    Options
    My guess is that the tariff on your in-home display (IHD) has changed and may well be wrong. If you go through the menus you should be able to see the standing charge and cost per kWh which you can compare to what they should be. What I'm sure you'll also be able to access somewhere is your actual gas use each day in kWh, which if the data goes back far enough you could see if it's changed or not, and you could also use it to calculate what your actual daily cost is.
  • amy1912
    Options
    Thank you all of you for taking the time to reply. I'm currently on a stretch of night shifts but I'll make sure tomorrow I check out the things you've mentioned and get back to you. Thanks again 🙂
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback