Evri

I, after waiting almost a year, was able to order a Steam Deck from Valve. I spent almost £600 on this, and was, therefore, horrified when I discovered that due to the Parcelforce strikes, my delivery was going to be handled by Evri. 

I received notification of it arriving at my local Evri depot on the morning of the 1st September. It was almost immediately marked as delayed (with no explanation) and has been sitting there ever since. No attempts have been made to deliver it whatsoever. I've subsequently had another package delivered to me by Evri, so it's clearly not an issue with lack of drivers etc. 

I've made numerous attempts to sort this out.

- Tried the chatbot that sends me in circles with simply repeating my tracking info.

- Tried calling the customer service helpline to find my tracking info unrecognised.

- Tried going through Resolver - this led to a response from a customer service advisor asking me to describe the package including details like packaging material and weight, details I obviously don't have because I don't have the package. 

- Found a method to actually speak to a customer service advisor on the phone, which I have now done multiple times. They put in requests to the depot to look for the package, the depot ignores them, they tell me they cannot call the depot apparently. No idea if package has ever been looked for. 

- Emailed the Evri CEO multiple times. Eventually got a call from his office on Friday morning saying that they would open up a CEO enquiry personally and I should receive a response in 48 hours. All info I have says that the depot have ignored that enquiry as well. 

- I've emailed the CEO again this morning with an incredibly angry email about all of this - no response so far.

At this point, it's pretty obvious my Steam Deck has been stolen. I am hopefully getting a replacement sent out, but this will also be going via Evri and I have no faith at all that it will arrive. 

As a warning, though, I've been in contact with a lot of other people waiting on their Steam Decks to arrive, who are in the exact same boat as I am, with inexplicably delayed packages, no updates and customer service staff sending them in circles. I know of a couple of people who have had multiple replacements also go missing with Evri. There are a large number of "brand new, unopened, never used" Steam Decks currently being advertised on eBay and Facebook Marketplace, and it seems fairly clear that there is some kind of semi-organised theft ring at Evri on these particular items at the moment. 

I'd suggest that anyone considering buying these items at the moment have a think about holding off for a while until this is sorted out and hopefully a new courier company is appointed. 

Comments

• Your contract is with the company you purchased from, Steam? Missing deliveries are their problem to resolve. What have they said about your missing order?
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,844
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    As above, go to the seller as this is their issue to resolve.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Silverstar
    Silverstar Posts: 88
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2022 at 1:21PM
    I'm aware of that and they are sending out a replacement which I fully expect to also go missing. This is a forum about warnings and venting, isn't it? I'm warning people that this is happening and they might want to wait on ordering the item as it's a widespread problem. And venting about my experience. Is it not ok to vent about delivery companies?
  • You're welcome to vent although being "horrified" about the prospect of deliveries by Evri seems a bit excessive.
  • I mean, Evri/Hermes have lost multiple packages of mine like this before, so the idea of an expensive item of mine being handled by them did horrify me. And ... so far, I was right to feel that way. If I was the only person I knew who was experiencing this, I probably wouldn't have bothered to vent, but in this case, I know of dozens of people in the same boat.

A company which has been shown in the past to be set up in such a way as to make it easy for their staff to steal packages, and has customer service set-ups that make it incredibly hard to speak to a human being, and has caused me, personally, a lot of stress over missing items, is not a company that deserves me to have any faith in them. 
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 12 September 2022 at 6:49PM
    I mean, Evri/Hermes have lost multiple packages of mine like this before, so the idea of an expensive item of mine being handled by them did horrify me. And ... so far, I was right to feel that way. If I was the only person I knew who was experiencing this, I probably wouldn't have bothered to vent, but in this case, I know of dozens of people in the same boat.

A company which has been shown in the past to be set up in such a way as to make it easy for their staff to steal packages, and has customer service set-ups that make it incredibly hard to speak to a human being, and has caused me, personally, a lot of stress over missing items, is not a company that deserves me to have any faith in them. 
    well to really mix it up.
    Royal Mails global arm GLS. just shifted inward international packet traffic from Royal Mail/Parcel force to Evri!
    So you may find this was part of it
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure