YGP Commercial Electric

Options
 These people keep sending me bills which relate to a previous Tenancy despite my  giving them accurate meter reading when I resumed responsibility
Also charging me 499p standing charge a day on Out of Contract rates which apparently they are allowed to do ..anyone with the same problem ?

Comments

• Did you sign a new contract with them when you resumed responsibility?
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,142 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Are you a commercial or  business premises rather than domestic?
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Barrie5507
    Options
    No I did not sign a new contract because they refused to offer me one 
  • Barrie5507
    Options
    Robin9 said:
    Are you a commercial or  business premises rather than domestic?
    Its a Pub so Commercial with living over
  • If you don't have a contract, then Out-of-Contract rates should clearly apply.

Why did they refuse to offer a new contract?
  • Barrie5507
    Options
    Because of the fragility of the markets ...nothing personal
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Then it sounds to me like everything after the resumption of responsibility is working exactly as it should.

Why they are still chasing you for the unpaid usage of a previous tenant is a different matter.  That should be able to get sorted out.
  • Barrie5507
    Options
    Thanks 
    But can I contest the escalation of the daily standing charge from 60p with the old tenancy to 499p without telling me whilst they arranged the switch (3 months) and with me being out of contract
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I wouldn't expect so - contract rates wouldn't usually apply after the contact ends (it's not like a mobile phone where you stay on a rolling version of the same contract).

They probably technically did tell you in some T&Cs somewhere.

It's something to push for as a "goodwill gesture" though if any settlement is proposed.
  • QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    ... and this is a business tariff, so none of the consumer protections apply. Businesses are expected to look after thermselves.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback